Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bridal party

When choosing my bridal party I really did not have many problems.  I didn't want a large wedding party, with people just as place holders.  I knew my sister was going to be my Maid of Honor and I felt that Mr True's Sister in Law should also be in it.  When it came to my friends there was only one person I felt had to be a part of this big day and that was my best friend.  The only issue was that my best friend is a man named Adam.  Adam is great, he keeps me entertained and laughing and he will always be by my side.  Though he will not be able to help if my dress tears on my wedding day or other girly activities he is the first person to be there for me and there is no one else I would want to be part of my day.  Mr True loves Adam too, I think because anytime I have a melt down I can talk to Adam and not bother him.  They have created a nice comradery which makes me really happy.

When I asked Adam to be in my wedding party he didn't hesitate to say yes.  He only wanted to know if he had to wear a dress.  When I said no, he was all signed on.  Then he wanted to know when the bachlorette party was because we are going to Vegas and he was in.  Anyway the only hitch was figuring out what to call him in the wedding party.  My sister was not willing to share the "of honor" title with him, she felt she deserved the title all alone and I agreed so cross off "Man of Honor".  Then we were thinking what is matching man's title to Maid.  The only one we could think of is Butler.  So that is how Adam became known as the Brides Butler.  I really like the title, not sure what jobs he is suppose to do but he makes the perfect Brides Butler and makes me laugh.  His big job is walking my grandma down the aisle which she is happy about.

Does anyone else have a man in their bridal party?  What are you calling him?

2 comments:

  1. My best friend from college is a guy. I was in his wedding in '08 (in a dress with the other ladies) and he's in ours. He's more family than friend - we both agreed we can't imagine him not being part of our day. We thought about his son being a ring bearer too but he's only 1. We just include him as one of the Groomsman, but I really like the word "Bridesman".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the nickname you gave Adam. :)
    www.bridesbutler.ca

    ReplyDelete