Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ring Holder




When I first got engaged I came upon a post that mentioned a ring orb (the image above). Once I saw it I thought I have to have this. Then I thought oh my I need to have this in my wedding...a feeling I have constantly by the way. I decided I must have it and called the company and found out the one I loved in blue was sold out and all the bronze based ones were gone too. This didn't stop me though, I still bought it in purple because I loved the idea of it. I got one that says "to have" on one side and the other "to hold" I currently use it every night to hold my ring but I no longer want it in my wedding maybe because it is the purple.


After I decided this was not the right piece for my wedding I started to think what do I want to hold the rings on the wedding day? Then in ceramics class one night it hit me, I can make my own little holder. I talked to my teacher and she said it shouldn't be a problem so with that encouragement I went to work. It was actually rather easy on the wheel. Then I had to wait and wait for the kiln. Then I took my time putting our names on and other markings and then the kiln again and then voila I had the below. What do you think? Now that I have it done and love it I am still not sure if it is the right thing for the wedding day but I will definitely use it everyday to hold my ring. Mr. True can have the old ring orb for his after the wedding.






What do you think, should I use it in the wedding?

1 comment:

  1. Yaay! I'm your 1st follower, I feel super special - hah! That said, I love that you made this yourself. I stink at DIY so I'm always impressed by stuff like this.

    I love when people use something that's unique and special to them. I saw somewhere someone used a brick from their new home that they wrapped in ribbon & used as a "pillow". Best idea I've seen.

    ReplyDelete