Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Location, Location, Location part 3

When I left off I was still searching looking for the perfect location. I started calling the top hotels around New York but soon realized that the hotel setting was not what I was looking for. I had a friend getting married at the Brooklyn botanical gardens and it looked beautiful in picture so I figured I needed to go there.

A picture inside the botanical gardens

My mom and I trekked out to Brooklyn and met with the coordinator there what a disappointment. Though the location was gorgeous the coordinator had no interest in selling the place to us. He pulled out photo albums of the location said look through these you can have your wedding ceremony any where you want here and the food looks like the pictures... My mom and I asked if we could have a tour? He said you can look around on your own. Then he walked off. He came back 15 minutes later and asked if we were ready to book...huh?? had he never heard about customer service? Cross this location off please.

We had a similar experience at the Bowery Hotel which I thought was different from regular hotels and very hip. Then when we met the sales person she was so unhelpful. She had no photos and did not answer questions. My parents and I nixed it.

a wedding on the balcony at Bowery Hotel

When we were walking out of the Bowery Hotel all I could think about was Tribeca Rooftop. It had everything I wanted and I was comparing every other location to it. I asked my dad if he would mind running over there because he was the only one who hadn't seen it so far. He said sure. We called over and Donna said come right by. I got there and when we walked in my heart sung. My dad said "I can see why you like it here." There is a rooftop to be married on. The inside has this chic downtown loft feel and everyone I have talked to who has been to event there says everything is amazing. My dad said lets talk about price and at that point I knew it was going to happen. I called Mr True and he was totally on board it turned out this was always his favorite too he just didn't want to pressure me.


It turns out everyone wanted me to be happy and my feeling of my parents pressuring me at the Mandarin was just because they thought that was the location that I wanted. When it was clear that Tribeca rooftop was my choice, they were going to make it happen. Everything worked out and I am so happy I chose this locale. I was there a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't stop smiling because everything is just what I want there. Here are some pics of it:




My Big advice to brides to be is that you need to stay true to yourself. When something doesn't feel right speak up. It is yours and your grooms day and ultimately your parents want you to be happy and they won't know what makes you happy unless you tell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment