Friday, April 23, 2010

secret language

My mom has created a new language of approval during the wedding planning, I think it is really cute.  She really wants the wedding to be my taste but I want her there for all the decisions.  So what she does is when she doesn't like something she stays quiet.  If she likes something she speaks up.  After the first month of planning this "silent treatment" started speaking louder than when she spoke up on what she likes.  If we looked at something and she didn't like something, I would look over her and I could tell she wanted to say something but held it back.  This language made me think pass. 

I believe that if I was ever really in love with something and my mom said nothing I probably would have chosen it anyway but that never happened.  Everything I really liked my mom would see through my eyes and be just as enthusiastic about.  It's also nice sometimes to know what she's thinking without her saying anything because then I don't fell bad if I like something she hates.  Plus the vendor has no idea what's going on in those situations it's like our little code.  It meant lets get out of this venue quickly.

My sister and I of course make fun of her a little about this because she says she is so good and keeping her opinion to herself so as not to sway me.  But we all know what her every action means and she is never really silent as a result.

Do you have anyone involved in your planning that doesn't state their opinion but you know what they're thinking?

1 comment:

  1. YES! I have tons of people like that all around! Especially my future sister-in-law. The look on her face says it all, no words or explainations necessary! It's a good thing we're close though, because otherwise I might take her too seriously!! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete