Sunday, March 14, 2010

Picking the Rings

Mr. True and I had a very busy weekend first the Rabbis and then the Ring shopping. I have a gorgeous engagement ring that had belonged to Mr. True's Great Grandmother. It is way more of a ring than I could have ever imagined and I can't help stopping and staring at it a bit too frequently. The thanks for this ring really goes to FMIL who parted with this gorgeous ring for me. She is too generous and this ring is just part of it but on to the point. My engagement ring really stands by itself it does not need any other ring to go with it.

When thinking about a wedding band I have always thought about the most plain band possible no adornment because I plan to never take it off. My mom has only taken her band off once when she was stung on her finger by a bee and the doctor told her take the ring off or lose the finger. I have always wanted to do the same minus the bee sting thing. The day Mr. True puts the ring on my finger I plan to never take it off again. As a result I cannot have any stones on the ring because I won't be able to clean it. When I went looking for rings just for fun without Mr. True a month ago with my mom I couldn't stop looking at diamond sapphire bands and when I told Mr. True about this he said since my engagement ring didn't cost him anything, I could get two rings one plain platinum band and one with diamonds and sapphires. I am so excited about this now. I love sapphires and there's something about blue.

Mr True and I went this weekend to his friend's jewelry store and I kept shying away from too big of bands because they just felt too flashy to go with my band. Then I started looking at thin stacking bands and they were nice but I wasn't in love. Then I found the right band it has diamond baguettes that match my engagement ring and circular sapphires and I am in love. But now I am concerned that it is going to be too expensive. Plus it is a lot of bling with my already over the top ring. We're waiting to find out the cost and then go from there but am I being greedy wanting the over the top look? Or should I just let myself be in love and go with it? I feel that if the price is right I am going to go for the ring because I love it and will love the band forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment